Earlier this week, Ben, Hudson Henry and I had a lively discussion about the concept of practice. Over the course of an hour, we talked about many things, including:
- Why people don’t generally think about ‘practice’ as something essential to photographic training (for example, unlike music, which is based around the idea of practicing);
- Learning to practice the art of ‘seeing’;
- Things we can do to get out of a rut;
- The importance of looking at the work of great photographers as part of your photographic practice; and
- How to think about practice as it pertains to your own photography.