In my last post, about the person who wanted to “take better pictures,” I mentioned Beaumont Newhall’s classic book, The History of Photography: From 1839 to Present, and Edward Steichen’s The Family of Man, as two books that influenced me heavily when I was younger. While I love monographs of individual photographers, histories of photography fascinate and and delight me, and I thought it might be worthwhile to mention a few more that I have loved over the years; most of these have found their way into my permanent library. Read more »
Search our site
Published by CDP Press LLC
ON SALE NOW IN THE CDP STORE!
only $40 for the printed version — $25 off Amazon's price, or get the ebook (PDF, ePub, Kindle) for only $20.
For educational or bulk sales, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for discount information and terms.
- EcoTank Photo review posted on Printerville
- Open 2022 Workshops with Rick and Hudson
- Talking About Practicing with Derrick Story
- Ben Chats About Practicing on the PhotoActive Podcast
- The Practicing Photographer now available
- Canon PRO-300 review on Printerville
- Epson EcoTank Photo Printers
- Coming soon: The Practicing Photographer
- The return of Printerville
- SureColor P900/P700 review on Printerville
- Thoughts on choosing a photo printer (links to Printerville)
- Epson (and Canon) Photo Printer Updates
- Ben and Hudson on Practicing Photography
- “What to Print” Podcast with Rick
- Polaroid Photographer Elsa Dorfman Dies at 83