This is an index to many of the video cheatsheets published on the Photoshop Elements Techniques website, from 2007 through 2016. Cheatsheets were PDF-based companions to the videos posted on the PET website, and contained simple instructions to go along with the videos. We’re still working on getting the video channel set up on YouTube, but a number of people have requested that we make the cheatsheets available.
The table includes the year the cheatsheet was published (so you could determine its relevance to current versions of Elements), the title, author name, a description of the article, and any tags. Clicking on the article title will open the cheatsheet directly, where you can save the file to your computer. Alternatively, you can right-click on the cheatsheet title and select Download from the pop-up menu (in most browsers).
As was the case with the PET articles index, there are a few other things you can do with the table:
- Above the table is a filter section. Typing in any of the filters will search for the text in just that column. The results of your search will appear automatically. Click the Clear Filters button to restore the table to all entries.
- To search the contents of the entire table, use the Search field.
- You can sort columns by clicking on any of the column names. Clicking a second time will sort the columns in reverse order.
- The tags aren’t clickable, but are intended to give you help for choosing related articles. Simply type a tag into the Tag filter for other articles with the same tag.
- You can save the results of the current screen by clicking on the Excel or PDF buttons above the Search field. (This can be helpful when used in conjunction with the filter pop-up.). If you wish to get a PDF index of all of the cheatsheets, you can download this file: PET-cheatsheet-index.pdf. You can use Acrobat Reader (Mac/Windows) or Preview (Mac) to view and search the PDF index offline.
- If you want all of the 183 cheatsheets in this group, click the link to download PET-cheatsheets-bundle.zip (125MB).
- This is not the complete list of cheatsheets; about 75 of them are in some sense of disarray, and aren’t ready to be posted. We’ll upload the good ones as we get time.
- These files are offered free of charge for individual and classroom use; please respect the copyrights of the authors and CDP Press.
As always, thanks for your support and patience. —Rick LePage
PET cheatsheets index
|1||2016||Creating Paper with Patterns||Michelle Stelling||Create your own scrapbook papers using patterns.||patterns; scrapbook techniques; elements 14|
|2||2016||Extreme Contrast||Lesa Snider||Use a Threshold Adjustment layer to turn your image into a high contrast black & white silhouette with a colored or patterned background.||silhouette; threshold adjustment layer; elements 14|
|3||2016||Brighten and Lighten the Eyes||Lesa Snider||A quick and easy technique to brighten the eyes in your portraits.||eyes|
|4||2015||Adding Sun Effects to Your Images||Erin Peloquin||Add interest to your images with sun effects using PSE v13||gradient tool; lens flare filter; sun effects; elements 13|
|5||2015||Blurry Skies||Lesa Snider||Add realistic motion to the skies in your photos. PSE 13 & 14||gradient map adjustment layer; gradient mask; gradient tool; elements 14|
|6||2015||Hair Selection & Color Change||Lesa Snider||Learn some great tips for selecting a subject’s hair and how to use Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layers to change hair color using PSE v13||hue/saturation adjustment layer; quick selection tool; refine edges; elements 13|
|7||2015||Content Aware Fill||Lesa Snider||Use the Content Aware Fill Option to quickly remove unwanted objects from your images. This tutorial uses Lightroom and PSE v13 and this feature is not available in previous versions||content aware fill; elements 13|
|8||2015||Create Custom Snowflake Brushes||Karen Brockney||Create your own custom snowflake brushes and save them in a brush set using PSE v13||brush sets; custom brushes; elements 13|
|9||2015||The Crop Tool||Michelle Stelling||Learn some techniques for using the Crop tool using PSE v13||crop too;; elements 13|
|10||2015||Customized Picture Stacking||Michelle Stelling||Use the Picture Stack Guided Edit to create fun images and then customize in Expert mode. PSE 13 &14||guided edit mode; picture stacking; elements 14|